Fairwell, our friends
After 5 years, Alexander House has closed its doors. Our building has been bought,
and the new owners are turning it back into a private residence.
We will miss serving you!
If you’re looking for a private room, we recommend our friends and former Alexander House hosts, Flame and Raven at Fairhaven Guesthouse. You will get the same friendly service and support as we’ve given you here.
You might also check out Airbnb
There are no other hostels in Charlottesville (something we hope will change in the next few years), so if you are looking for a bed in the bunkhouse, we don’t have anyone to refer you to.
Your Fairhaven Hosts . . .
- the homey and personal feel of a Bed and Breakfast. The informal and relaxed atmosphere is perfect for meeting other travelers or enjoying quiet time.
- self-serve, continental breakfast: bread, eggs, oatmeal, jam, fruit, coffee, tea. We endeavor to use fair-trade, organic and local products.
- convenient access to The University of Virginia, Monticello estate, and the pedestrian downtown mall
- bicycle rentals – COMING SOON! (additional charge)- complete with helmets and locks!
- friendly hosts to make your visit a uniquely Charlottesville experience. The host is not always on the premises, but is always reachable by phone and is never far away.
- Free, plentiful on-street parking.
- pet and smoke free facilities (There are some exceptions to the pets – see our FAQ).
- free wifi.